RaceBox One (1) Year Limited Warranty
By using your RaceBox product, you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of the RaceBox warranty as set out below. Do not use your product until you have read the terms of the warranty. If you do not agree to the terms of the warranty do not use the product and return it in its original unpacked condition within the period of the return policy for a refund.
RaceBox warrants RaceBox-branded hardware products and accessories in the original packaging against defects in materials and workmanship when used normally in accordance with RaceBox published guidelines for a period of one (1) year from the date of original retail purchase by the end-user purchaser. RaceBox published guidelines include but are not limited to information contained in technical specifications, user manuals, and service communications.
What is covered by this warranty?
This warranty does not apply to any non-RaceBox branded hardware products or any software, even if packaged or sold with RaceBox hardware. RaceBox does not warrant that the operation of RaceBox Product will be uninterrupted or error-free. RaceBox is not responsible for damage arising from failure to follow instructions relating to the use of RaceBox products.
This Warranty does not apply:
- to components that are designed to diminish over time, such as batteries or protective coatings, unless failure has occurred due to defect in materials or workmanship
- to cosmetic damage, including but not limited to scratches, dents, and broken casing, unless failure has occurred due to defect in materials or workmanship
- to damage caused by use with a third-party components or products that do not meet RaceBox specification
- to damage caused by accident, abuse, misuse, fire, liquid contact, earthquake or other external cause
- to damage caused by operating RaceBox products outside the published guidelines
- to damage caused by service performed by anyone who is not an official representative of RaceBox
- to a RaceBox product that has been modified in any way without express written permission of RaceBox
- to defects caused by normal wear and tear or otherwise due to the normal aging of the RaceBox product
- if RaceBox receives information that the product has been stolen
If your RaceBox product comes with built-in memory you should periodically download recorded information from it to protect the contents and as a precaution against possible operation failures resulting in data loss. During warranty service, it is possible that the contents of the RaceBox product will be lost. In such event, RaceBox is not responsible for any loss of data that is stored on your RaceBox product.
What will RaceBox do if the warranty is breached?
If during the warranty period you submit a claim to RaceBox in accordance with this warranty, RaceBox will, at its option:
- repair the RaceBox product using new or previously used parts that are equivalent to new in performance and reliability
- replace the RaceBox product with the same model or with your consent with a model that has similar functionality, formed from new and/or previously used parts that are equivalent in performance and reliability.
- exchange the RaceBox product for a refund of your purchase price.
Obtaining warranty service
Please contact RaceBox support and provide detailed information about the defect and where the product was purchased from and you will receive additional information.
If the RaceBox team determines that your RaceBox product is eligible for warranty service you will be provided over email with instructions on how to properly pack and address your product so that you may ship it. Failure to follow these instructions (e.g. product not returned in original packaging) may result in denial of warranty service.
Shipping to a RaceBox dealer or authorized repair center is at the expense of the shipper.
Limitation of liability
Except as provided in this warranty and to the maximum extent permitted by law, RaceBox is not responsible for direct, incidental, consequential, or special damages resulting from any breach of warranty or condition, including but not limited to loss of use, loss or corruption of data, loss of opportunity, or any indirect or consequential loss or damage howsoever caused, including the replacement of equipment, any cost of recovering or reproducing data stored on RaceBox product or any failure to maintain the confidentiality of the information stored in RaceBox product.